The Best Trout Trolling Reel in 2019
There are different kinds of trout living in sea or river. But most trout are commonly living in freshwater lakes. Trout are commonly known as salmon, they spend two or three years at sea before returning to freshwater. They are usually found in cool waters such as streams and lakes. The anglers like to catch trout for they are somewhat bony, tasty and considered to be an important source for humans and wildlife like bears, eagles, and other animals.
These are the best trout trolling reels in 2019.
Penn Warfare Star Drag
Most people really love this Penn Warfare Star Drag for its outstanding quality. It is also a perfect tool for catching those big trout for its strong reel. This reel has your back. It has a great gear ratio that will give you a good fight with big salmons. This reel is likely for those good starters.Read More
- HT-100 carbon fiber drag washers
- 5.1:1 gear ratio
- Frame and side plates are made of graphite materials
- Has a great line capacity rings
- Best for smaller to medium-sized fish
- Lands stronger fish
- Not smooth to use
2. Shimano Conventional Trolling Reel
This Shimano Conventional Trolling Reel also known as Tekota 300 is designed for a long-term of usage. This reel model makes us excited again for their quality and performance. Beat those trout around you using this Tekota 300. Those big salmons can never escape again with this strong and high quality trolling reel.
- It has 300 ft of braided line
- 2:1 gear ratio
- Made of aluminum frame
- It has a septon handle grip
- Great for chasing trophy fish and medium-sized ones
- Good amount of line
- Suitable for both freshwater and saltwater
- It is smaller than other trolling reels
- Not designed for bigger or monster fish
3. Fin-Nor Sportfisher Lever-Drag Trolling Fishing Reel
This Fin-Nor Sportfisher Lever Drag trolling fishing reel is also made by Shimano. Yes, most of the trolling reels and other fishing-related equipment are made by Shimano. This reel is lightweight and stronger for it is made with advanced technology. This model is quite new but its great quality and performance are much than you are expecting. This reel will give a satisfying feeling and experience that you never experienced before. I wish you enjoy it on your fishing journey.
- It has a solid 1-piece graphite frame
- It has a Forged 1-piece aluminum spool
- Heavy-duty carbon fiber drag system
- Excellent quality
- Expensive reel
4. Okuma Cold Water Trolling Reel with Line Counter
This Okuma Cold Water Trolling Reel is perfect for those lake trout that are in cold water. It can hold up to the size and cold of nature. It is the perfect trolling reel for you.
This trolling reel comes with a line counter which means that you are aware of how much line you got out to keep the proper depth and to make sure that you can land the trout perfectly. This reel will do its job and will impress you many times.
To give you more information, this reel is commonly used by professionals in fishing all over the world. How do I know that? They use this kind of reel for expensive competitions with expensive competitors. However, this reel will not last for decades for catching numerous amount of fish. If you want a lifetime reel, it will be going to cost you a bit more.
- 2 stainless steel ball bearings and 1 roller bearing
- Corrosion resistant frame and side plates
- Multi-disc, carbonate drag system
- CVT anti-fogging line counter
- Made for cold water
- Pulls like a more expensive reel
- Not as durable as others
5. Penn Squall Livewell
It is Penn again! This Penn Squall Livewell hooks into something bigger than you expected. This reel can withstand some big fight and torture with those trout that you are targeting. This reel is made of high-quality materials.
- HT-100 drag washers
- 9:1 gear ratio
- Made of graphite frame and side plates
- 2+1 shielded stainless steel bearings
- Built to last
- Strong reel
- Made for pros with an affordable price
- The bearing could fail which results in a broken reel
6. Okuma Classic Pro XP Level Wind Trolling Reel
You do not need to invest a lot of money just to have a good trolling reel, right? This Okuma Classic Pro XP Level Wind Trolling Reel is there for you to get a high quality of trolling reel with spending too much money from your pocket. It is a great option for bottom fishing for it is strong enough to fight with big salmons and trout around you. Those 100-pounds of catfish are nothing with this high-quality reel.
It comes with optional line clicker. This reel is exclusively for right-handed people. This trolling reel might be a breaker for some.
- It has 2 ball-bearing drive systems
- 8:1 gear ratio
- Can handle even 100+ pound of fish
- Corrosion resistant
- Its frame is made of graphite materials
- It has a self-lubricating gear system
- Great trolling reel for bottom fishing
- For right-handed people only
7. Penn Warfare Level Wind Reel
Penn is one of the most trusted name in trolling reels because of their great qualities of trolling reels. Its models comes with different sizes to fit whatever you are choosing. This Penn Warfare Level Wind Reel is my number one pick among these reels.
- HT-100 carbon fiber drag washers
- 1:1 gear ratio
- It has a graphite frame and side plates
- Great line capacity rings
- Its release button is stiff and small