Whether it’s summer or any season of the year, fishing is an exciting sport and recreation at the same time. You may have that you want to go kayak fishing but can’t decide what the best fishing accessories to bring? Obviously, there are so many accessories available in the market today and there’s no way for you to bring all of them all at the same time.
Kayaking is one of the most favorite outside activities nowadays. Accessories in kayak fishing really mean a lot for it makes your fishing in a good shape, safe and has lots of back-ups in some bad cases. Now, I’ll give you some best accessories that would solve every angler’s problem.
SealLine Baja Dry Bag
This bag is very helpful to keep their things dry while enjoying fishing under the heat of the sun. SealLine Baja Dry bag is one of the best dry bags to use and is proven to be effective all over the world.
- Materials: Vinyl, Holds 55L
- Weight: 1lb. 12 oz.
- Durable, with attached D-ring
- Dry seal roll-down closure
- Variety of colors and sizes
- Ultra long lasting and heavy duty
- Easy to use watertight roll-top seal
- Costly than other dry bags
YakGear Black Angler Crate
Kayaks provide some storage space but in some cases, you might need an extra storage container or basket when you catch more fish when fishing. This YakGear Milk Crate is simply made of solid and hard plastic that could withstand many fish trip. This YakGear has been given 4.5 stars in Amazon for its simplicity and durability.
- 13” x 13” x 11” outer dimension
- 12” x 12” x 10” inner dimension
- Comes in 1, 2 or 4 pack
- Cost efficient
- Generous storage space
- Durable and flexible
Scotty Bait Board and Accessory Tray
The bait board gives you a flat surface on your fishing kayak. This bait board gives you a great experience to customize the necessary tools in fishing. It is comfortable, safe and can withstand the long hours of fishing.
- Quick mount to any Scotty post mount
- Built-in Lure and accessory rack for quick and easy access
- Keeps your tools at hand
- Durable can withstand in any weather condition
- Generous storage capacity
- Mountable and space-saving
- No drainage holes on the board
- Attachment not included
Sam’s Aluminum Landing Nets
It could be hard sometimes to pull a fish out of the water from a kayak, right? This great net is made with soft micro mesh nylon. The size, durability and easy to transport are ideal for most anglers. This net will help you a lot and makes it easier for you to catch many fishes out there!
- Materials: Aluminum
- Dimension: 12” x 15.5”
- Handle: High-quality 5” non-slip grip with safety cord
- Weight: 180g or 0.4lb
- Lightweight, solid material
- Easy to handle and use
Scotty Powerlock Rod Holder
If you have a rod holder, it is easy for you to hold your paddle and reposition. This Scotty Powerlock Rod Holder is made of fiber reinforced engineering nylon. You can use this rod holder if you want things to be customized and want your rod to stay in place to make it safe and in a good condition while fishing. This rod holder can be removed if not in use. It gained 4.5 stars in Amazon for its incredible and excellent functions.
- Dimension: 4” x 2” x 2” (Mount)
- 1 5/16” x 3 3/16” (Bolt)
- Power Lock: 1.95”
- 241 Combination Side/Deck Mount
- 360 degrees rotation
- Durable, reliable and customization
- Size can be a bit bigger for other rods
6. Fisherman Personal Flotation Device By Stohlquist Waterware
The Personal Flotation Device is necessary for all fishermen in some places. It is made from 500D Nylon Cordura. It also has pockets with anchor points, front zip entry closures, and holders which make kayak fun.
- 500 denier cordura shell
- 200 denier oxford liner
- Neoprene padded shoulder
- Functional, comfortable and adjustable
- Easy access and workspace pockets and holders
- Storage space for devices
7. Pro Plus Smart Sonar – GPS Portable Wireless Fish Finder By Deeper
This fish finder has been rated 4.5 stars in Amazon for its incredible functions. Your Kayak fishing is not complete without GPS fish finder. You can connect the deeper in iOS and Android devices by using WiFi rather than Bluetooth This device lets you know where the fishes are in high-resolution details. It also maps the water you are fishing in. This fish finder has gained 4.5 stars in Amazon and positive feedbacks.
- WIFI capable
- iOS and Android compatibility
- 330 ft. connection range of portable sonar
- Mark anything up to 0.5” sized bodies in a water up to depth of 260 ft.
- Compact size, high-rated phone applications
- Mapping abilities
- WIFI connection
- Long battery life
- Cost can be expensive
Kayak fishing is one of the interesting activities you can do all the time either kayaking with friends or just by yourself. Before you go fishing, make sure to bring all the necessary things and accessories that are needed to avoid negative things happen.
When choosing gears and accessories in kayak fishing, you might consider its durability- it is important to choose high-quality products, size- consider the size and weight of all add-ons on board.
Remember to bring those accessories that will bring you comfort and make you productive, ease of use and install and weather and water resistance. And also, don’t forget to bring the most important things before the accessories above- your first aid kit and signaling kit.
Choose where to go spend your time fishing and experience kayak fishing in the next level. Feel and experience the gift of nature.
Don’t ever forget to be safe always while doing this activity. Have you already decided what accessories to bring in your next kayak fishing? Then, I suggest you choose it wisely. Enjoy your kayak fishing day!